Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition, provides designers with an intuitive way to create and deliver iPad apps such as brochures, portfolios and annual reports using familiar Adobe InDesign skills and without needing to write code! Plus, Creative Cloud members can now submit an unlimited number of iPad apps to the Apple App Store as part of their membership.
In this workshop, you will learn everything you need to know to design and submit an app to the Apple App Store – without writing code!
• Leverage your familiar InDesign skills to explore your creativity and develop content that inspires and engages
• Use InDesign CS6 Adaptive Design Tools to efficiently repurpose and adapt tablet content for multiple screens and devices. Quickly resize page layouts and assets to fit target devices using simple drag-and-drop page rules
• Use the Folio Overlays panel in InDesign CS6 to add interactive overlays including hyperlinks, slide shows, audio and video, panorama and pan and zoom to page layouts
• Use the Folio Builder panel in InDesign CS6 to build your .folio and
• How to easily preview your content directly on a connected iPad for
• The simplified workflow allows designers to go directly from InDesign to DPS App Builder, making building your Single Edition app easier than ever
• How to use the DPS App Builder to prepare the final file that you can then submit to the Apple App Store accomplishments, growth, and the evolution of our Birmingham chapter, by submitting a poster communicating "Design For Good", a foremost commitment of today's American Institute of Graphic Arts.
$25.00 for non-members and $10 for members
This entry/donation will do a great deal to allow AIGA Birmingham to continue its legacy as foundation and inspiration for design and community in the years to come.
A one year subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud will be given away. ($600 value)