AIGA Maine is seeking up to five new board members to join our team.
AIGA Maine is a collaborative group of volunteers that share a passion for design and dedication to serve AIGA chapter members and our state’s creative community through ongoing events and dialogue.
Deadline for application for a two-year term is October 1, 2021. New board members will commence November 1, 2021.
About the Board
AIGA Maine’s Board of Directors upholds and supports the chapter’s and AIGA’s mission and goals. Board members are responsible for creating relevant programming and educational opportunities, building and supporting community, chapter governance, and acting as a bridge between local chapter members and the national organization.
Board Membership is on a volunteer basis. Board members can be self-nominated, nominated by the membership or by existing board members.
Board Members are required to:
- Be a resident of Maine or employed in Maine
- Serve 2 years, with the opportunity to extend service
- Attend monthly board meetings over Zoom or in-person
- Devote time beyond meetings to connect with board members, support our chapter and attend events
- Become active members of AIGA: the nominee need not be a member at the time of nomination, but will be expected to become a member if approved
- Serve as ambassadors of AIGA to both members and non-members
What We’re Looking For
The AIGA Maine board exemplifies a cross-section of leadership relevant to the design profession. Each board member will receive guidance and support, but will be expected to take charge of an area suited to their talents and interests in order to benefit the full membership. All board members are required to take part in planning for chapter events in addition to their ongoing duties.
Social Media, Website Management, Email & Print Marketing
- Lead the development and implementation of written and visual content to promote our mission, support our membership and inform the public about our activities and events.
- Ensure communications are in alignment with AIGA and AIGA Maine’s missions and style guidelines.
- Work with board to present a clear, unified voice across all communication including social media, print and web platforms
- Develop strategies and create timelines for communication for events and ongoing activities
- Maintain and develop the AIGA chapter website using our existing platform
- Develop strategies for user engagement and growth of our chapter
Membership, Community Engagement, Sponsorship
- Monitor membership for the chapter and hone messaging for each AIGA membership level
- Assist in planning membership goals for events and monitor participation
- Be a present and welcoming voice at AIGA events
- Develop strategies for sponsorship that aligns with our chapter mission and financial stability
- Maintain an ongoing line of communication with existing sponsors and partners as needed
- Work with board to identify new sponsors and partners within our community
- Develop and manage chapter budgets
- Maintain Chapter bookkeeping and complete the chapter’s tax preparation
- Provide reimbursements for approved chapter-related expenses
- Present a financial report at each monthly board meeting
- Work with board to develop event budgets, financial goals and expenses
Benefits of Service
- Make connections in the creative community of Maine
- Access opportunities to participate and lead initiatives that impact our community
- Grow your skills beyond your current work responsibilities
- Access the local, regional and national design network of AIGA
- Complimentary registration to AIGA ME events
- Help shape the current dialogue and future of design in Maine
- Give back to the profession
Applicants will be reviewed by all current board members. We seek a diverse slate of members that represent a range of experiences. We aim to support enthusiastic candidates who can best support our organizational mission and actively contribute to the ongoing operations of the board.
Nominations are due October 1, 2021.
Questions? Email Us