You can expect to print 25 cards each, and you will be given envelopes as well.
Before the class, you will:
- Prepare one piece of 1-color art for your flat card. The maximum size of the art is 3.625” x 4.75”. (The card measures 4.625” x 6.25”.)
- All images must be 100% CMYK black (no RGB) and 100% opaque or halftone. (The finer the detail, the greater potential for error.)
- Avoid type smaller than 10pt. All type must be outlined.
- Avoid extremely thin lines and extremely small type.
- Save your art as either a PDF or flattened PSD with your last name included in the file name.
- Files must follow the following specs: https://boxcarpress.com/platemaking/polymer-tips.html
- Save your art as a high res PDF with your last name included in the file name. Your plates will be prepared for you ahead of time.
- Bring an apron, or just wear old clothes. Also, the studio gets very cold in the winter, so dress accordingly!
Atlanta Printmakers Studio
675 Metropolitan Parkway SW# 6026
Atlanta, GA 30310
Atlanta Printmakers Studio is located in the Metropolitan Warehouses complex, just southwest of downtown Atlanta. The warehouses are white buildings that take up an entire block on the corner of Metropolitan Parkway and Ralph David Abernathy.
You will need a gate code to get in if the entrance gate is shut. We will send you the gate code before the event. The keypad is on the ramp on your left side.
After passing through the gate take an immediate hard right to the drive in-between the gate and the front of the Metropolitan (red facade). Continue straight and when drive ends, turn left. APS has a red awning and sign and is on the right about 4 doors down. Park anywhere, but please don't block someone's door or roll-up.
We will have snacks! BYOB!
Thanks to Binders Art Supplies for sponsoring this event!
***** Want to tweet with us before and during the event? Use the hastag #AIGAink